Monday, August 8, 2011

Leader of Leaders

1. I am a leader of leaders because I think that's just what happens when you choose to serve and lead others. Everyone is a potential leader and you need to give them opportunities to flourish instead of squandering their creativity and opportunities to do. I think of this as the difference between leading and commanding. Leading is teaching them correct principles, giving them the right tools, giving them the right counsel to complete their tasks and letting them go and do it. I am a leader of leaders because the people I lead turn around and do the same thing that I do, but to others. It's all about encouraging and uplifting others to be the best servant they can be.

2. I think the love that I reflect can reflect to volunteers through my words and my actions. I have a love of the gospel of Jesus Christ, a love of service, a love of people, a love of freedom, a love of fun - I could share that love by saying that I love _____, or I could show it by the attitude in which I serve, the way I talk to others and encourage them to volunteer, the amount of enthusiasm I put into being involved and helping with events. I think the more effort I can put into reflecting the love that I have, the more it will.

3. I can be a more divine-centered leader of leaders by being in tune with the spirit. By making sure that my spiritual life is where it needs to be, so that I can most effectively perceive the needs of those that I serve and lead. If I am always trying to do the Lord's will, I will always be seeking his counsel and will always have to make sure that I have my life in line in order to be able to pick-up on and receive that counsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment