Monday, August 8, 2011

Delegation and Empowerment

Self-efficacy:
I want to be very competent and knowledgable in branding and in PR. If I can research and increase my knowledge in these areas I will be better at knowing what is required of my position, and help lead those who will actually carry these initiatives or programs through. I will search out the best resources to gain more knowledge in the areas of branding and in PR to gain a better sense of what I need to be doing, and help BYUSA be more efficient and streamlined in all of it's facets.
-Follow up-
I will measure this by how well I am able to explain the new concepts and ideas that I have simply, and effectively to my team. They can help me measure it, by helping me understand if I'm too confusing and not clear enough.

Self Determination:
This is consistently an issue for me in various aspects of my life. It is sometimes hard for me to accomplish things (like my blog posts, homework, or other responsibilities) if I'm not motivated to do them. However, if i'm passionate about something, you can't get me to stop doing it. I think the key to being able to overcome this habit in my life, is choosing to accomplish and get these things done and out of the way as soon as I can. I think the underlying problem is that I let the pressure build up until it forces me to accomplish the specific task, and what I need to do is just do it. Don't wait, just do it as soon as I can. By not getting behind in my personal life, I will be able to focus and help lead those who help me with programs and campaigns in a more effective manner. I promise, everything will be better if Olivia can get her personal life on track!
-Follow up-
I will measure this by whether or not I'm behind in my classes? If I am behind, then I'm not doing things on-time and right when I get them. I can follow up with Tamara because, she will know or need to know if I am failing (even though that really isn't an option...)

Personal Consequence:
For personal consequence I can help those who I lead feel a sense of responsibility and duty to their various programs and events. I can do this by meeting with them, educating them on their responsibilities, and tell them that they can have an impact on the lives of students if they work hard and desire to serve more fully.
-Follow up-
I can follow up with Tamara in telling how how my relationships with my PD's are going. If they are going well, and if I stress these principles accurately, our relationship will be healthy and good.

Meaningfulness:
This is helping my PR area know that what they are doing is important and can really make a difference. I can do this by sharing personal experiences that I have had with BYUSA and what we do, that have helped change my mind and my perspective. Another thing I can do is invite them to know more people and be more involved in the office, and then from there, they will know other people's stories and understand how important their work is.
-Follow up-
I can follow up with area and see if they think that my PD's are getting to know other people in the office, and if they actually know who my PD's are.

Trust:
One thing that I can do to establish more trust in my PR area is to let them know that I am their friend; I will be more involved in their lives and ask them how their personal lives are going, and get to know them better. This also goes for our Comms area as well, letting the other ED's know that I am their friend, as well as their co-worker (so-to speak). We can work together and have fun. I enjoy that aspect about the organization and I think that is really what establishes trust.
-Follow up-
I can follow up with Tamara on my relationships with all of us in Comms. If things are going well, then we are communicating well, and trusting each other in our various responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment