Monday, August 8, 2011

Honor Code

1. I think we have an honor code because BYU is associated with the LDS Church, and we need to represent both in the best way possible. If we ensure that we are living our lives in accordance with the Honor Code then we are living our lives up to the standards of the church. Also, as BYU is a place of higher learning, we can have higher standards than the world. We can grow and learn without the silly worldly influence getting in the way of our education.

2. I think one of the major blessings that has appeared in my life by following the Honor Code is that I'm more accountable for my actions, and people can count on me upholding the Honor Code. I think it reflects well on my person, and puts me in a good respectable light with my friends.

3. I think the best way to inspire and educate is to live the Honor Code, and not be afraid to bring it up. I think the most controversial aspect is the curfew. Don't be afraid to leave at midnight, and honor the commitment that you have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment