Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reflection

Being able to attend Brigham Young University is honestly one of the biggest blessings in my life. Did you know that 70% of every student's cost of tuition is subsidized by the LDS Church? This is incredible in and of itself; add that to the amazing professors who take huge pay-cuts to teach here, and to the amazing students who not only learn, but go forth to serve. BYU is a remarkable university.

 I have been privileged to learn about the Founding Fathers, ancient Greek, The Book of Mormon, a good back-hand in tennis, what makes a film successful, and so much more. The environments that I learn in extend far beyond the classroom, and the teachers that I learn from extend far beyond my professors. The people that I have met here have changed my life and helped to shape me into a better person.

Because of these experiences, not only am I expected to give back, but I want to give back to this university. When you think about 'giving back' you think about having a lot of money and writing a fat check - but people don't realize that you can give back now. I'm excited to give back now through being involved in the BYU Student Service Association. I'm specifically in charge of public relations and work with the most amazing students and coordinators on campus. I'm so excited to have wonderful experiences and to learn to become a better leader.


-Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment